Chairman and Co-founder, High Meadows Foundation and High Meadows Fund
Carl Ferenbach is Chairman & co-founder of High Meadows Foundation and High Meadows Fund. He also serves on the following boards:
- Chairman, Environmental Defense Fund and Environmental Defense Fund Europe, an international environmental advocacy NGO
- Member, the Advisory Board of Princeton Environmental Institute, and a retired two-term trustee
- Co-chair Nassau Hall Society at Princeton University
- Member of the Council of The Wilderness Society
- Director, Climate Central
- Chairman and co-founder, High Meadows Institute
- Member of the Board of the Centre for Enterprise, Markets & Ethics in Oxford, England
- Chairman, High Meadows Graduate School of Teaching & Learning
- Chairman, Cantillon & Mann LLC, publishers of the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
- Director, Independent Energy Standards
- Member, Advisory Board of Private Capital Research Institute
- Director, Telluride Foundation
- Senior Advisor, Berkshire Partners LLC
Mr. Ferenbach was a co-founder of Berkshire Partners LLC, a private equity investment firm based in Boston, MA. He was previously a Managing Director. Berkshire has managed nine private equity investment funds and the Stockbridge Fund, with approximately $16.0 billion of capital. Mr. Ferenbach served as Chairman of the Board of English, Welsh & Scottish Railway Ltd., U.S. Can Corporation and Crown Castle International Corp. He also served as a director of other Berkshire portfolio companies.
Mr. Ferenbach received an AB from Princeton University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.
He and his wife, Judy, own High Meadows Associates, Inc., which operates farms in southern Vermont producing maple sugar products.